Ok, so this idea came to me the other day when I was thinking about branding, something that I have to do regularly during my day job. How do you design and label your products so they seep into the target audience’s consciousness, into their dreams, into their soul? The publishing company I work for certainly has a reasonable brand, but I think there are certainly things that have more brandability (ok, so it is a word, now; I also toyed with the idea that if a brand is brandish, then maybe it means that it’s not a very effective brand….but that wouldn’t be right either.)
To get to the point, I think that Fucked. is a great potential brand. It’s simple, memorable, short (so easily fits on most brand tie-in items,) and also has the added bonus of being slightly controversial, so it’s down with the kids, helping them to live out their packaged rebellion.
I can imagine a huge number of tie in items, guaranteed to make us mega-bucks:
- T-shirts: Aside from a t-shirt sporting just the “Fucked.” logo, you could have t-shirts to wear at parties/nightclubs (“I’m here to get Fucked.”, or “Let’s get Fucked. up”,) school (“My grades are Fucked.”,)and a host of other ideas.
- A range of “Fucked.” alcoholic drinksâ€”I think I’ve said enough about this idea.
- “Fucked.” condoms, dildos, and KY Jelly?
- Calculators, zip drives, and other electronic devices. You could have a battery backup attached to a couple of LEDs, so when the device breaks down, the “Fucked.” logo lights up, indicating that the device needs to be repaired.
- Pens, pencils, mousemats, rulers, and other stationary, all sporting the “Fucked.” logo.
I think this is what Robert had planned anyway when he started Fucked, although maybe our brand is slightly less palletable for the mass market than, say, McDonalds, Walmart, MTV, or Bratz? Even so, I think we’ve got a good chance. How about “Fucked.” the Movie?
If you’ve got any good ideas about other potential “Fucked.” branding items, or any thoughts on who would be good to play the parts of Robert, Henrik, and myself in “Fucked.” the movie, then feel free to comment!